Wednesday 19 December 2012

Doggy commission

So I got asked to do a pressie for Christmas. I need to leave it alone so thought posting it would make it more final or something. It was originally going to be a detailed pencil sketch but since the dog had so many lovely colours in its coat I thought I'd go mental and try watercolours..something I've not attempted for real before.

I'm fairly happy with the result, though I was trying to work out what I was doing during it so wasnt sure what style I was going for. Got a couple stages for ya!







Still nice to try something different anyway. Colour is definitely something I need to work on as well as playing about with watercolours!

4 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! I think a little shadowing underneath him would be an excellent touch, just so he#s not floating. but if it's already too late for that its no big deal, it's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man, yeah wasnt sure whether to put some sort of background in. I shall do that :D Puttin finishing touches on today. Ta!

      Delete
  2. gorgeous work! ://O

    ReplyDelete